Devops enables organizations to better serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market through speed and other approaches. DevSecOps provides the skills to cover the security aspect to devops through the three Layers of DevSecOps: Security Education, Security by Design, Security Automation.
The purpose of this qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge, understanding and application of the key skills and tools for DevSecOps and is able to work effectively with, or as a leading member of, a DevOps team, analyzing and applying these skills and knowledge.
This certification is aimed at anyone who wishes to become an efficient leading member of a DevOps environment and requires candidates to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of DevSecOps terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their application skills of how to use tools efficiently and effectively.
This certification will provide the DevSecOps level of knowledge to its holders and will certify that they have a solid understanding of DevSecOps practices using various tools and are able to apply these in everyday work involving DevOps practices. The basic level of skills & knowledge is covered in the PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals level of the qualification scheme provided by PeopleCert.
- Holders of the PeopleCert DevSecOps certification, will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical application of:
- Τhe key characteristics, essential skills and best practices of DevSecOps.
- Τhe true impact and need for Information Security, such as Data Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
- Defense against the possible types of attack that threaten security.
- Τhe architecture and functionality of the most popular DevSecOps tools in today’s deployment pipelines.
- The Three Layers of DevSecOps: Security Education, Security by Design, Security Automation.
- The basic principles to implement DevSecOps.
- Multiple choice format
- 40 questions per paper
- 70% to pass, or 28/40
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
- Prerequisite – None