SDI – Service Desk Manager
The Service Desk Management Certification from the SDI ® helps professionals develop key leadership and management skills and competencies needed to be a successful Service Desk and Support Manager.
SDI© Service Desk Manager is designed for existing and aspiring service desk managers and supervisors who intend to enhance their managerial and team management skills. This course covers a wide range of domain to build a professional Service Desk Manager. The students will equip with the essential management capability to lead and build a sustainable service desk team.
This course encompasses service management best practices that provides the students with essential process and tool knowledge to attain efficient, effective and economical service desk processes It addresses the support methodologies, technologies and tools utilized within the service desk. It reviews key issues such as: service level agreements; the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes.
The SDM qualification course is designed for existing and aspiring service desk managers and supervisors who wish to develop their understanding of service desk management practices and build a set of management skills. Suitable for those with at least three years’ experience in a service desk environment.
- Holders of the Service Desk Manager Certification, will be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of:
- Develop and deliver service desk and support strategies to fully underpin the organization’s strategy and required business outcomes
- Demonstrate the key leadership and management skills and competencies needed to be a successful Service Desk and Support Manager
- Develop and deliver technology strategies to underpin business objectives
- Integrate the service desk with other IT functions, processes and standards to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IT
- Design, contract and deliver service desk processes and services to deliver exceptional customer service and support
- Design and employ continual service improvement quality assurance program
- Recruit and retain staff and use structured methods to develop their skills
- Employ management skills to coach, mentor, develop and motivate staff
- Multiple choice format
- 80 questions per paper
- 65% to pass, or 52/80
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
- Prerequisite – None