Peoplecert Site Reliability Engineering SRE
This module provides candidates with the knowledge they need to bridge the gaps between platform design, development, and operational execution by generating new perspectives on system reliability.
This module provides candidates with the knowledge they need to bridge the gaps between platform design, development, and operational execution by generating new perspectives on system reliability. The course covers detailed knowledge about the set of principles and practices that incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies them to infrastructure and operations problems
The purpose of this qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge, understanding and application of the key skills and tools for the Site Reliability Engineer and is able to work effectively with, or as a leading member of, a DevOps team, analyzing and applying these skills and knowledge.
This certification will provide the DevOps Site Reliability Engineer level of knowledge to its holders and will certify that they have a solid understanding of DevOps Site Reliability Engineer practices using various tools and are able to apply these in everyday work involving DevOps practices. The basic level of skills & knowledge is covered in the PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals level of the qualification scheme provided by PeopleCert.
- Holders of the PeopleCert DevOps Site Reliability Engineer certification, will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical application of:
- What Is Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)?
- Building the SRE Practice
- Quantifying Success
- Τhe key characteristics and essential skills of a DevOps Site Reliability Engineer.
- Τhe three ways and the five ideals of DevOps.
- The methods of quantifying the goals of success.
- The basic ways to manage, delegate and support work procedures.
- Managing software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems, and automate operations tasks.
- SRE ‘On-Call’ Process
- SRE in Release Engineering
- SRE in Business Continuity
- Multiple choice format
- 40 questions per paper
- 70% to pass, or 28/40
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
- Prerequisite – None